With PhotoStackr you can download your own photos to your photo library. When downloading them you can:
- Choose a photo size to save to Photo Library: Original (if available) or Large
- Select the Photo Library Album to download to. (this requires iOS5)
- Do batch download from any list of photos.
How to Save a Photo to Photo Library?
- When looking at one of your photos in details view or full size view tap on the Action menu located in the top toolbar.
- Tap on Save to Photo Library
- If this is the first time you are saving a photo, the Save to Library pop-up will appear. In this pop-up choose the download size (Original or Large) and the Photo Library Album to download to. You can specify that the options selected are used as default for subsequent downloads. If you want to change the defaults after the first time, you can tap on the blue arrow next to Save to Library, this will open the Save to Library pop-up.
- When you have done your selections Tap on Done.
- The download will start. While a photo is being downloaded you can check the progress of the download by going to the Download Status menu. When the photo has been saved to the device a message appears.
How to Save a Photo list to Photo Library?
- When looking at photo list like a Set, Explore, PhotoStream, Search results, folder, etc, tap the Action Menu
- Tap on Save to Photo Library
- The Save to Library pop-up will appear. In this pop-up choose the download size (Original or Large) and the Photo Library Album to download to. You can set as defaults the options you selected, so you don't have to specify this every time you do a download. In the case of downloading a photo list this pop-up appears every time so you can see the number of photos that will be downloaded.
- When you have done your selections Tap on Done
- The download will start. While photos are being downloaded you can check their progress in the Download Status menu. When all the photos have been saved to your device a message will appear.
In some services (Flickr, Instagram, Picasa, Facebook) you can also download photos form other users. When downloading photos you should be aware about the licensing restrictions. For example when photos are uploaded to Flickr y a license type is specified by the owner of the photos, so other users know what they should or should not do with the photos.
- Some photographers mark their photos as "copyright", FlickStackr/PhotoStackr will download the photo for you, but will inform you about the license type in a small, auto-dismiss (2 second) transparent legend.
- Some other photographers have the download option disabled, so FlickStackr/PhotoStackr can't save the photo on your device. "Save to Photo Library" is disabled when the owner of the photo or the service does not allow it. This is not a programming error but a license restriction. If you want to get this photo, you should contact the owner.
Regardless of the download setting and license set by the owner you can always enjoy all photographs at full screen within FlickStackr/PhotoStackr