iTunes File Sharing is one of the sources available to upload photos. With iTunes 9.1 or later you can copy files from your Mac/PC to your device, to make them accessible to applications that support File Sharing. You can find more information on iTunes file sharing in Apple's support site: kb ht4094 (iOS: About File Sharing)
To upload photos using iTunes File Sharing there are two main steps:
- Use iTunes File Sharing to copy files from your computer to FlickStackr/PhotoStackr
- Use FlickStackr/PhotoStackr to upload your photos from iTunes File Sharing to Flickr, 500px, or Cloud Services.
Using iTunes File Sharing to copy files form your computer to FlickStackr/PhotStackr
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Launch iTunes on your computer
- In iTunes select your iOS device from the Devices section.
- Click on the App tap, and at the bottom of the screen you will see the File Sharing section.
- In the File Sharing section you will see FlickStackr/PhotoStackr in the list of apps currently installed on your iOS device that support File Sharing.
- Select FlickStackr/PhotoStackr from the list and drag and drop the photo or video files that you want to upload
- Now you are ready to go to FlickStackr/PhotoStackr on your iOS device to upload the files.
Selecting photos to upload
- Tap on Home
- Tap on Upload. The upload list will appear, if you have not selected any photos to upload the list will be empty.
- To add photos to the upload list, from the toolbar at the top tap on +. This will show a popup where you can select the source of your photos. Tap on Photo Library
- If you are on iOS6, the first time you try to upload photos from the Photo Library you will be prompred to give access to FlickStackr/PhotoStackr , select OK if you want to be able to browse through your photo library and select photos to upload.
- A pop up with your albums and photos will appear. Tap on the album that has the photos to upload, and tap on the photos you wish to upload. You can select many photos at a time. If you want to select them all, tap on Select All.
- If you have configured default values (with the button Setup Defaults), you can decide to apply them to these photos by turning on the option "Use default upload properties". This appears when you are selecting the photos to add to the Upload List. The defaults must be configured before you select the photos to upload as the default values are applied when the photos are added to the Upload list. If you configure default values after the photos are added to the Upload List, these default values will not be applied to the photost that are already in the upload list.
- When you have finished selecting the photos you want to upload, tap on Add Selected
- All the photos selected will be added to the Upload list, you will see a small thumbnail of the photo, a message indicating if the photo has EXIF information or not, and the size of the photo.
- Now that you have photos in the Upload List you can proceed to upload them or you can edit them before uploading.
Editing photos before upload
Before uploading your photos, you can modify photo metadata like Title, tags, etc. The metadata available depends on the service where you are uploading photos (i.e. Flickr, 500px, Dropbox). You can also edit the photos with rotation, crops or effects using the Advanced Photo Editor.
You can Upload all the photos in the Upload list by tapping on Upload All, or you can select some of the photos in the Upload list:
- From the top toolbar, tap on Edit.
- Tap on the photos you want to upload. The ones selected will have a check mark.
- Tap on the Upload button.
- Upload starts, only the photos with check marks will be uploaded on a given batch. You can continue to use FlickStackr/PhotoStackr for other activities.