Items that you add to the stack will go to the default stack of the corresponding type. You can define defaults stacks before you start adding items to the stack, but if a default stack of the required content does not exist, the required default stack will be created automatically. If you change your mind regarding on which stack you want the photos or photo lists, or people you can later move items from one stack to the other.
Adding a photo to the Stack
To add a photo to the stack
- When viewing the photo you wish to add to the stack, if you are in details view or full size view, tap on the Send to Stack button, located in the top toolbar. If you are in full screen view or slide show mode you can send a photo to the stack by tapping on the stack icon on the quick action toolbar. Not sure how to make the quick toolbar appear and disappear, look here:How to hide the shortcut toolbar when in sideshow mode?
- You will see a message indicating the photo has been saved to the default Stack for photos, and the Stack icon changes to indicate that this photo is in the stack. If you tap on the Stack button again, the photo will be removed from the stack. More information on how to do a batch delete from the stack can be found in the following article Moving and deleting items from the Stack
Adding a photo list to the Stack
- When looking at the content of a photo list (i.e. set, folder, album) you're interested in saving to the stack, tap on the Send to Stack button, located on the top toolbar.
- On the iPad in landscape mode, the content of the list has to be on the right hand side pane.
- You will see a message indicating the list has been saved to the Stack, and the Stack icon will change, to indicate that the this list is already in the stack.
- If the stack is an offline stack, you will also see a message indicating that the items are in the download queue. You can monitor the download in the Download Status screen (Home>Download Status).
- If you tap on the Stack button again, the list will be deleted from the stack.
Adding a contact (user) or group to the Stack
Tip: The following steps can be used to add any user or group to the Stack.
- When looking at a user or to the content of a group, if you're interested in saving it the stack, tap on the Send to Stack button, located on the top toolbar.
- You will see a message indicating the user or group has been saved to the Stack, and the Stack icon will change, to indicate that this user or group is now in the stack.
- If you tap on the Stack button again, the user or group will be deleted from the stack.