AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring
AirPlay allows you to wiresly stream music, video and photos from your iPhone or iPad to Apple TVs and other devices that have the AirPlay feature.
AirPlay Mirroring allows you to mirror the screen of your iPhone 4S/iPhone5 or iPad 2/iPad 3 onto your TV via an Apple TV .
FlickStackr/PhotoStackr and AirPlay
FlickStackr and PhotoStackr support AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring but due to an Apple imposed limitation to third party apps, with iPad 1 and iPhone 4 or earlier, photos can not be streamed by third party apps. Only videos can be streamed by third party app, so if you have an older device you can only stream videos via AirPlay (Note that Google Drive add-in does not support playing videos).
AirPlay and Airplay Mirroring from FlickStackr/PhotoStackr with iPad 2/iPad 3 or iPhone 4S and iOS5
With iPad2/iPad 3 or iPhone4S/iPhone 5 FlickStackr and PhotoStackr support Airplay and AirPlay Mirroring to your Apple TV. When you enable AirPlay on your iPad or iPhone you can choose between Presentation mode (stream photos) or Airplay Mirror mode (mirror the complete FlickStackr/PhotoStackr app).
This is the default mode. In this mode FlickStackr/PhotoStackr will stream photos from your device to your Apple TV, without the surrounding user interface elements. Use Presentation Mode if you want your photos to be scaled to fill the entire TV screen. You can navigate through FlickStackr/PhotoStackr interface, and only the photos will be streamed to your Apple TV.
Airplay Mirroring Mode
In this mode a copy of your screen is streamed to your Apple TV, if you want to share your photos along other details, this is the mode you should use. In this mode photos are not scaled to fill the entire TV screen, but you will see an exact copy of the screen of your device on your Apple TV.
To stream photos or videos from FlickStackr to your Apple TV
- On your iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 or iPad 2/iPad 3, double-click the Home Button. This will bring your recently-used apps.
- Swipe all the way to the right to until you see the AirPlay icon
- Tap the Airplay icon to see the list of available AirPlay devices.
- Enable AirPlay Mirroring in this menu by tapping on the desired AirPlay device (your Apple TV) and set the option Mirroring to ON.
- Now you should see your iPad 2/iPad 3 or iPhone4S screen on your Apple TV.
- Launch FlickStackr and by default you will be in Presentation mode. If you wish to mirror FlickStackr from your iPad or iPhone to your Apple TV, tap on the Action Menu, located in the Top toolbar and select AirPlay Mirroring.
More information on how to setup and troubleshoot Airplay Mirroring can be found in the following Apple kb: Setting up and troubleshooting AirPlay Mirroring