FlickStackr Feature Requests

Do you have an idea to make FlickStackr better?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add control of cache size to FlickStackrXP

On FlickStackrXP, you can set the cache size, but on FlickStackrXP this is not available (you can only clear clear the cache). The documentation in FlickStackrXP says you can change the cache size. Either the documentation should note this limitation, or the feature should be added to FlickStackrXP,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full text search through FlickStackr help

I appreciate the FlickStackr user guide as it has many details in it but for newcomers to FlickStackr it would be good to "full text search" through the whole documenation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Posting photos to Flickr straight from dropbox

I'm sure I could do this before but the option seems to have disappeared?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Upload original photos

Have an iPhone 5 photos doesn't upload original quality even tho it says it does

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For Skydrive uploads, we used to limit the upload size to 2048px. We fixed this already, please make sure you have the last update (3.2.1).

How are you finding this? Is this when uploading to Flickr. Are you comparing file size? File size is going to be different because images need to be open to check for rotation, exif etc.

The difference in the file size is mainly because of the upload quality. JPGs have a quality setting whenever you save them This quality setting, the number, is NOTsaved with the file. So we can’t guess what the original setting was.
    Every time you upload from FlickStackr we “process” the image : verify
    rotation is correct, verify exit info, etc. as part of that process,the JPG encoding requires a quality setting. So we use whatever the
    quality slider is set to
    A couple of releases ago we tried to NOT

5. Add 640px to HTML link

I tend to use pretty large pictures on my blog so it would be nice if it was possible to link to 640px

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reorder user stacks

I have a lot of stacks, and they appear in the order I created them - not the best option! I'd like to either be able to sort them or to order them myself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Changing the order of your stacks is possible:
    1. Go to Home>Stacks
    2. In the Stacks screen from the top toolbar, tap on the Edit button (next to the Home button)
    3. You are now in Edit mode, at the right of each stack you will see a handle that you can use to drag and drop the stack the desired position
    4. When you have finished ordering the stacks, tap on the Edit button again, to exit Edit mode.

7. TomBa's Wishlist

1. comments with "&" are not shown up

2. in instagram (and maybe other services too?): in the german version there's the section "entdecke flickr"

3. in 500px: if i select my account-section, i do not get the section "sets & portfolios". To get this shown up, i've always to refresh all accounts (in the first window with all my accounts)

4. what about other photo-services (e.g. fotocommunity)

5. what about some organizers (e.g. to manage photos between different sets and portfolios)

6. maybe too far thought: what about integration of music and video services (like spotify, youtube, ...)

7. your app is absolutely great, great, great…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exif from cloud!

Sure would like to see the exif data in the file over on the cloud services. Honestly, I see this app as my go-to image tool on cloud services, instead of a Flickr app!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In version 3.6 a details view is available where this information is available (if the cloud service provides it)
    -
    We are adding details view for cloud services in the next update.In details view you can see exif, location and captions (for the cloud services that keep this for photos)

9. Ability to set (single & batch) safety levels on photos

I seem to be able to set almost everything else but unless I am missing something I can't set this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Re write the instructions for adding photos to new sets on the support page.

The 10 step work flow as written misses some steps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Invite a photo to a group or multiple groups

I love the way we can comment by tapping on the icon at the bottom (comments) and then while viewing the comments...simply tapping the top "Add Comment" bar. Very easy!

I would like to see something similar to the groups icon at the bottom: Add a similar top bar that says "Invite to Group"....then popup a window of the user's groups that he/she administers or moderates for. From here you could invite the photo to a single group, multiple groups, or all groups.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In version 3.7 you can now invite a photo to one or several groups.
    1. When viewing a photo tap on the action menu, then tap on Invite to Group.
    2. A pop up appears with all the groups you administer. Here you can select one, several or al the groups.
    --
    Unfortunately there is no Flickr API to provide this functionality.
    We will keep this request open. If in the future Flickr introduces an API we could add the functionality to invite a photo to a group.

12. Straighten tool in the Advanced edit mode

Now that Snapseed has gone all Google and removed Flickr integration (boo hiss), I'm on the outlook for a new edit-and-upload app. FlickrStackr seems like an awesome replacement. One feature I miss from Snapseed is the straighten tool, where it overlays a grid on the picture and twisting the picture with two fingertips allows you to freely adjust the rotation until it matches up with the grid. The action would be like the simple edit mode where you use two fingers to rotate the picture, but would allow any degree of rotation instead of increments of 90.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Default view in Dropbox plug-in - iPhone

For iPhone, when viewing my DropBox photos via the FlickStackr DropBox plug-in, when navigating through different directories/ photo sets the type of view (i.e: list view, thumbnail view) always defaults to list view from having navigated from a different directory, even if you were in thumbnail view previously.

Outside of the Drop-Box plug-in when viewing my flicker photos in the flicker plug-in and navigating trough different photo sets/ directories, the type of view is consistent and the same through out from what you have set.

It would be great if the DropBox plug-in could work the same as the flicker…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto-archive liked photos to Cloud Archive(s)

New Setting called "auto-archive photos I like to" with list of authorized cloud storages (including iCloud as option, too), with ability to pick one or several storages.

Turned off by default. If turned, every time user stars/likes a photo, it is being uploaded to one or several cloud storages.

Incredible for digital scrapbooking/storing liked photos!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Quick Actions are now possible, you can configure double tap and tap and hold to perform an action. (save to cloud, favorite, send to stack, save to photo library)
    -
    We are working on double tap functionality that will be configurable. You will configure which action happens when you do a double tap. (you can specify one or two actions). For example you could configure the double tap to like a photo and send to cloud storage.

15. Folders are not descriptive - DropBox plug-in

For both iPhone and iPad in the DropBox plug-in, when in thumbnail view once you have refreshed the view to show any folders/ directories present (see http://goo.gl/AMDsJ), the application does not give any indication as to their name or description. This can be very confusing when navigating.

Is it possible to have some form of text/ or description on the folders when in thumbnail view?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folders not appearing in thumbnail view on offset - DropBox PlugIn

For both iPad and iphone when in thumbnail within the DropBox plug-in, any folders present within the directory do not appear on the offset. It is only when you refresh the thumbnail view/ page that the folders then appear.

When you are in list view any folders appear straight away as soon as you change to the directory containing the folder.

It would be great if the folders could appear as soon as you change to thumbnail view.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create / Manage Guest Pass Links

Ability to Create new or Manage existing Flickr Guest Pass links from within the FlickStackr app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SkyDrive integration

Add integration with SkyDrive like you have with Box and Dropbox

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create the option to view Flickr Groups list in order of activity.

I belong to about 100 groups on Flicker. It would be very helpful to be able to have the option to view my Groups list in the order of recent activity, just like on the Flickr website.

It's helpful to view them alphabetically when I want to find a specific group, but that doesn't tell me which groups have had new activity (new photos or discussions). It would be great to be able to switch between either option.

I hope this makes sense.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 7 sec option in Slideshow

Currently there is a 3, 5 or 10 sec option. But it would be nice to have something between 5 and 10.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

FlickStackr Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base