FlickStackr Feature Requests

Do you have an idea to make FlickStackr better?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to get photo url easily by FlickStackr

In Japan, many people write blog by only iPhone or iPad (without PC). If I can get a photo permanent url or html snipets to link a photo, It is very useful. I want to select several size, and get a url or html snipets.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Password lock the App

I would like to lock the app so other people can not access it if they are playing with the phone.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Privacy

How can i know my account details of facebook and dropbox are safe?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Continuous uploading in background without user re-prompting

While uploading a large number of photos, app will stop uploading in the background unless I address frequent user prompts to continue. If I miss this prompt, uploading stops and I must restart upload again. This is especially challenging when I have a slow connection ( ie travelling South America). Please allow for continuous uploading in background without requiring prompts. Great app btw. Thanks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In version 3.6 the uploads can be left in background
    -
    For ios7 we are releasing an update where we have improved the upload/download so it can be left in the background without prompting, but with the disadvantage that downloads may take longer when left in the background.
    This is how this will work in the next update:
    When you leave the app running in the background uploading or downloading photos, it will upload/download for 3 minutes, after the 3 minutes have elapsed, it will slow down and the uploads/downloads will continue but will take longer. You can leave the app running in the background as long as needed, it will continue to upload/download without prompting. If at any time you go into the app and leave it again, you will have another 3 minutes where it will be faster downloading/uploading and then it will slow down again.
    For future…

5. Add photo deletion

Really would be handily to handle more organizational kinds of things inside the app. The cloud services don't focus on this so much, and fits with the idea of image curation!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Organise Photos

I don't like to see my uploaded photos are not organized in prober. I mean, I wish to able arrange my photo according date or file name. Just like our folder in computer. Either in photo stream or set.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorting is now available (v3.6)
    --
    For the next update we are adding sorting to photo stream and sets. This will be done with a a button in the toolbar, where you can choose the kind of sort (i.e alphabetical, by uploaded date, etc)

7. Cache clumsy

I am at a friend's house with feeble WiFi. Response is too slow for slideshow to be viable. Probably would be fine if photos were in cache - but it is too laborious to put them there. Would like to be able to pick a whole collection for caching, but instead need to go photo by photo, which I don't have time for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Full iOS7 support

Is an adoption of the new iOS7 flat design, including keyboard, planned or already in progress?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Google Drive File Date

When viewing Google Drive photos, the App arranges photos based on "post date and time". Don't seem to have the option to use "capture date and time" instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In details view you can view the capture date and time (v3.6)
    -
    For the next update we are adding details view for google drive photos, where you can see the upload and capture date.
    -
    The capture date and time was not available because Google Drive did not provide this information, but we just checked again and now it is available, so it is possible to display capture date and time and in the future when we add sorting this could be an option.

10. More restrictive on Creative Commons license

I'd like to be able to select which Creative Commons licenses I'm looking for. For example, I often don't want the ones with NoDerivs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. View same shot

I put the below on all my pictures so people can view similar shots by clicking on the tag but in this app every time you click on it no matter what picture it shows a picture of some random people sat down. It does this on all tags and all photos, why?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. FlickrStackr 3.5 bugs iOS7

1. Cannot change slide shoe time.

2. This posting feature not working correctly.

3. Would be nice to specify which photos use Ken Burns during slide show.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Issue with iOS7.0.3. Fixed, update available in a few days .(3.5.2) Workaround change it in Home>Settings>Options
    2. When posting ideas or using the contact form, the form goes behind the toolbar. This is also fixed in the next update (3.5.2)
    --
    1. This is an issue with iOS 7.0.3, the fix will be in the next update (available in about a week). As a workaround you can change it in the Settings. Go to Home>Settings>Options. In the Slideshow option you can choose the time.
    2. Is this when posting ideas? When exactly do you have problems?
    3. Is this because when playing a slideshow you would like only some photos to use Ken Burns? Could you elaborate a little more on this idea?

13. Great idea

Please give my favorite app an iOS 7 icon it deserves!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ugly ... update is just plain ugly FlickStacker!

Who ever chose the colour schemes should be sacked ... doesn't complement the photography .. you know nothing .... bring back black ... choose a better font ....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Photos privée

Bonjour
    Comment envoyer une photo privée par email.
    J ai essayé,on voit la photo sur l email mais quand on l ouvre le site marque que c est privé.merci

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add support for ipernity.com

Since the unexpected "relaunch" of Flickr people talk a lot about ipernity.com as a viable alternative to The-Old-Flick-That-Is-No-More.

Sure it's a bit early to take the big step and leave Flickr, but one needs to evaluate all options. Since it is a huge effort to move years of photos FlickStackr would be a nice tool to have in hand if the time comes.

It would be great to hear from you if such implementation is under discussion or even possible with their API*.

Thanks

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  New integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have been working on the integration with ipernity. It will be available as an app “PhotoStackr for Ipernity” and also as an in-app purchase for our other apps like FlickStackr v3.4
    The app an in-app purchase are now in the review stage with Apple.
    -—————-
    We have reviewed their API, this is now in our plan. We will update the status when we have a better idea on when you can expect it.
    -
    We have no immediate plans on adding support to ipernity.com, but we will definitely take a look at their API and see what is possible.

17. Home screen displays almost nothing.

This issue is getting more frequent.

Sometimes when I hit the Home, or Back button to return to the Home screen, an empty screen is shown, no images, or selection options etc.

This reset back to normal by double clicking the iPad Home button and deleting the app from the displayed list of apps. This has only started happening in the last month.

I have a screen shot if you want to see it.

Original iPad 64Gb, iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) current release of app.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a known issue on iPad 1. We have fixed it and a new update will be available in a few days. (once Apple to reviews the update). In the meantime as a workaround, you can go back to the non tiled layout, where this problem does not happen.
    To turn off the tiled layout:
    1. Go to Home>Settings
    2. Tap on the Options button
    3. Tap on Appearance
    4. Turn off Tiled layout
    Once the update is available you can go back to the tiled layout.

18. AirPlay support

It would be good to have airplay support, because airplay mirroring is less quality (not sure about retina ipad)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

FlickStackr supports AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring but due to an Apple imposed limitation to third party apps, with iPad 1 and iPhone 4 or earlier, photos can not be streamed by third party apps. Only videos can be streamed by third party app, so if you have an older device you can only stream videos via AirPlay (Note that Google Drive add-in does not support playing videos).
    When you enable AirPlay on your device and launch FlickStackr, you can choose between AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring by going to the Action Menu (the one with the arrow). More detailed info here:
    http://ipont.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/207121-airplay

19. Format "" not found

Cannot log on. Gives this error

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Passcode issue

I added two accounts to my Flickr one and the passcode only seems to apply to the Flickr account. Everything else is visible without a code. Before, the passcode was required to start the app but not now, only to access the Flickr account.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Passcodes are per account and stacks. If you have more than one account you need to enable the passcode for each account The passcode will be the same for all, you just need to enable it: go to the Accounts list, tap on Edit, tap on the blue arrow next to the account that you wish to passcode protect, turn On Passcode protected and enter the passcode (this is the same passcode as your other account). Tap on Done

• Don't see your idea?

FlickStackr Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base