FlickStackr Feature Requests

Do you have an idea to make FlickStackr better?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PC and Mac Application or browser plugin to view my Stacks on the Big Screen

I´d love to watch my Stacks which i use as a pool for new ideas sometimes on a bigger screen. I want to share my stacks with other people just to inform them about what pictures. Finally i want to watch my stacked pictures on my (calibrated) PC or Mac Display.

I love the Stacks!!!

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  14 comments  ·  New integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple reply icons in a single comment box

Right now, I have to reply by icon using multiple comment entries. Does the API let you make the Stackr UI so that I can just do it all in one comment box (similar to Flickr's main site)?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something possible. What we need to think is the way the interface would look like. What we are thinking is to add a Reply Comments which will open the Add Comment pop-up, like the one we currently have, but with a tab to the right where you will see avatars of the users that commented on the photo. You can tap on the avatars to select to who you want to reply.

3. Group and Group Admin Features

I admin a big group and frequently need to remove pics, update discussions, and browse pool topics. Does the API support better Group admin features so you can make Group stuff more robust. Launching a web browser to delete images from the pool is a drag.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a confirmation message when removing photos from the stack

You can accidentally remove items from the stack, because you tap on the stack icon by mistake when you are viewing a photo that is already on the stack. It would be nice to have a confirmation pop-up so you can avoid removing a photo from the stack by accident.
    If you don't want to get a confirmation message every time you tap on the stack icon and the photo is already in the stack, you can it turn off.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add SmugMug to FlickStackr

Already awesome with Flickr and 500px, adding ability to comment on SmugMug communities in FlickStackr, as well as other galleries, would be great. SmugMug have an API! :)

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  New integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. About note

I think it is a bit hard but so import for me to show picture's note.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The way we are thinking to implement this is: a) When you are in Sets you pull down to search for a set (this would be a small pull down, if you pull down further you will have the existing refresh functionality)
    b) When you are editing a photo and you want to add a photo to set , the sets appear sorted alphabetically in the same way groups appear when you are editing a photos

9. Add comment button when viewing image

It takes too many taps to add a comment. Being able to add one from full screen view would be a timesaver

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. indicate upload status of photos while upload is in progress

When an upload is in progress, please indicate which are mid-upload (and thus "locked down") for any further edits, which are pending as part of the current upload, and which (if any) were added after the upload started.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let the users customize the top toolbar

As a user I can decide which buttons I want in the top toolbar. For example users may like to have a button to send to Photo Library with one tap.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is limited space for buttons in the top toolbar so some options are in the Action menu. Some users may prefer having in the top toolbar, some of the options that are currently in the Action menu. What we are thinking is that as a user I will chose what goes to the top toolbar (limited to what fits in the screen) and what goes to the Action menu. This is something that it will likely take several releases to implement.

12. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is no Flickr API for this functionality, however this is something we could implement with a combination of native app look and browser interface inside FlickStackr: Items in the inbox appearing as other lists in FlickStackr and opening a browser interface to Flickr to compose messages.

13. Move personal image and sharing, stacks, and slideshow icons to left of screen so photo name can be read

From the PhotoStream page, if one clicks a fingernail of an image, it takes you to a full page photo. At the bottom right are located the personal photo, and the sharing, stacks, and slideshow icons and commands. It would be helpful if that were moved to the left side of the page so when viewing the image one could read the full title of the photo. As it now stands, that is not possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to play slideshow once

Currently if "allow auto-lock" is On for slideshows, the iPad/iPhone never goes to sleep playing it over and over again. if "Allow auto-lock" is set to OFF then you can't view the full selection of images. If slideshow was to play only once then you can keep off "allow auto lock" but once the slideshow is done the device can go to sleep mode as per usual.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Comments - recent comments at the top

Currently the most recent comments are at the bottom of the comments list, the idea is to change the sorting order so the most recent comments at the top. Also there could be a setting to specify how you want the sorting.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share to Twitter on uploads

Share to Twitter when uploading, rather than having go and find the picture and share.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it easy to comment with group award code

It would be nice to be able to associate the award code for a group with that group, so that when you comment on a photo in that group's pool, as per group rules where you need to award shots, the award code is immediately filled in the comment in advance. Would make it easier to interact with groups

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filter my photostream by untagged or ungeotagged photos

Having a filter like this allows an easy way to see the photos that need metadata to be added.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mute activity on this item- when viewing recent activity

Mute activity on this item is an option you can choose in Flickr when viewing the recent activity, would be nice to have this option in FlickStackr.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

FlickStackr Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base