FlickStackr Feature Requests

Do you have an idea to make FlickStackr better?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add right hand jump point to Flickr following list

Not sure the correct name for this indexing, but in a long list of tags, there is an alphabet down the right hand side so you can jump into the list at a certain letter. The list of people I follow used to have this but now that it has sort options the index no longer shows. Scrolling through a very long list is tedious.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Saved searches

Function to be able to save searches?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ipad - limited view

When viewing new photos by contacts on the ipad, it appears that I can only view a limited number of photos in total. I have to switch to the desktop version to view all new contact photos.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you see in FlickStackr as recent from contacts is what you see in Flickr in Following>Photos From. Here you can choose between 1 and 5 photos from contact. Which are the same two options you have in FlickStackr Home>Settings>Options>Recent Activity>Max photos per contact. In this option there are more values available, however to view exactly the same as Flickr you should only select 1 or 5, the other values are only there in case your really want to see more, but we don’t recommend using them as retrieving more photos may take a really long time.

4. Auto upload of camera roll

It would be very useful to have auto upload of all images in camera roll, not just ones taken with the device. Please consider this for next update.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible in latest update (version 3.7)
    -
    Currently photos that are taken with your device or that were downloaded to your device (i.e save to photo library) are uploaded automatically. Photos that are taken with external cameras and added to the camera roll are not uploaded automatically but we will be adding this functionality in a future update.

5. Pass code for application access

Please add a feature to password protect from using in the iPad or iPhone application. Especially since there are in appropriate pictures for kids.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible, you can add a pass code to your accounts and only when entering the pass code you can have access to the photos.
    To pass code protect:
    1.Go to Home>Accounts
    2. Tap on Edit
    3. Tap on the blue arrow next to the account you wish to protect with a passcode.
    4. In the Modify Account pop up, set Passcode Protected to “ON”
    5. Enter a 4 digit passcode.
    Your account is now protected with a passcode. Whenever you try to view any of the photos in that account, you will be prompted for the passcode.
    If you wish to protect another account, follow the same steps again.

6. Latest v ruining photos!

Today - Dec. 20 - my uploaded photos are cropped wrong and ruined! If I custom crop a photo to a non standard size from the camera roll (I always do this) and upload from my iPhone I get some odd and wrong crop in Flickr!!!

My guess is that when you are seeing the photo on my phone you're getting the crop I did and are somehow getting the wrong size for the upload. (Maybe has something to do with new feature when uploading that you see my camera roll with cropped and not original sizes.)

This is a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please try the latest update where we fixed all the situations where we found this could happen.
    -——-

This happens when you rotate and crop the photo in the Photo app. If you only crop the photo , the uploaded photo looks cropped properly, and if you only rotate the photo it is also fine. We will be fixing this in the next update

7. Password lock the App

I would like to lock the app so other people can not access it if they are playing with the phone.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Continuous uploading in background without user re-prompting

While uploading a large number of photos, app will stop uploading in the background unless I address frequent user prompts to continue. If I miss this prompt, uploading stops and I must restart upload again. This is especially challenging when I have a slow connection ( ie travelling South America). Please allow for continuous uploading in background without requiring prompts. Great app btw. Thanks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In version 3.6 the uploads can be left in background
    -
    For ios7 we are releasing an update where we have improved the upload/download so it can be left in the background without prompting, but with the disadvantage that downloads may take longer when left in the background.
    This is how this will work in the next update:
    When you leave the app running in the background uploading or downloading photos, it will upload/download for 3 minutes, after the 3 minutes have elapsed, it will slow down and the uploads/downloads will continue but will take longer. You can leave the app running in the background as long as needed, it will continue to upload/download without prompting. If at any time you go into the app and leave it again, you will have another 3 minutes where it will be faster downloading/uploading and then it will slow down again.
    For future…

9. Cache clumsy

I am at a friend's house with feeble WiFi. Response is too slow for slideshow to be viable. Probably would be fine if photos were in cache - but it is too laborious to put them there. Would like to be able to pick a whole collection for caching, but instead need to go photo by photo, which I don't have time for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Full iOS7 support

Is an adoption of the new iOS7 flat design, including keyboard, planned or already in progress?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. FlickrStackr 3.5 bugs iOS7

1. Cannot change slide shoe time.

2. This posting feature not working correctly.

3. Would be nice to specify which photos use Ken Burns during slide show.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Issue with iOS7.0.3. Fixed, update available in a few days .(3.5.2) Workaround change it in Home>Settings>Options
    2. When posting ideas or using the contact form, the form goes behind the toolbar. This is also fixed in the next update (3.5.2)
    --
    1. This is an issue with iOS 7.0.3, the fix will be in the next update (available in about a week). As a workaround you can change it in the Settings. Go to Home>Settings>Options. In the Slideshow option you can choose the time.
    2. Is this when posting ideas? When exactly do you have problems?
    3. Is this because when playing a slideshow you would like only some photos to use Ken Burns? Could you elaborate a little more on this idea?

12. Home screen displays almost nothing.

This issue is getting more frequent.

Sometimes when I hit the Home, or Back button to return to the Home screen, an empty screen is shown, no images, or selection options etc.

This reset back to normal by double clicking the iPad Home button and deleting the app from the displayed list of apps. This has only started happening in the last month.

I have a screen shot if you want to see it.

Original iPad 64Gb, iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) current release of app.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a known issue on iPad 1. We have fixed it and a new update will be available in a few days. (once Apple to reviews the update). In the meantime as a workaround, you can go back to the non tiled layout, where this problem does not happen.
    To turn off the tiled layout:
    1. Go to Home>Settings
    2. Tap on the Options button
    3. Tap on Appearance
    4. Turn off Tiled layout
    Once the update is available you can go back to the tiled layout.

13. Passcode issue

I added two accounts to my Flickr one and the passcode only seems to apply to the Flickr account. Everything else is visible without a code. Before, the passcode was required to start the app but not now, only to access the Flickr account.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Passcodes are per account and stacks. If you have more than one account you need to enable the passcode for each account The passcode will be the same for all, you just need to enable it: go to the Accounts list, tap on Edit, tap on the blue arrow next to the account that you wish to passcode protect, turn On Passcode protected and enter the passcode (this is the same passcode as your other account). Tap on Done

14. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is available in 2.8
    We have started working on this. We will have a setting where you can choose which image will be downloaded:
    As available: 1600px, 2048px 1024px
    As available: 1600px, 2048px, Original
    If available Full size Original

15. Have the avility To rotate a photo.

Some Photos are upsidedown , why cant we rotated them lime iPhoto? And obviously sabe it in flickr.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pinch-in and pinch-out the selection thumbnails when uploading from camera roll

Currently you can't zoom in when selecting photo's from the camera roll to upload. I would prefer not having to quit out to the photos app and then remember which ones I can then select.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible since version 3.6

This is possible but it will likely be slow. The problem is that the system provides only the small thumbnails, if we want a larger size then this would mean that FlickStackr would have to open all the images to generate a larger thumbnail.

17. Sort photostream

It would be great to be able to sort the pictures by date.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update 3.6 is now available where this is possible
    --
    We have started working on sorting for the next update. We are adding a button that will show the options to sort.
    -
    We are thinking in adding to the screens an option to search and sort (when you do a pull down). Not sure yet in which version this will be available, but we will update the status when we start working on it.

18. Add a option for the old list-styled layout

I'm sure, many users don't likes the new layout.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2.5.1 is now available and you can choose the old list styled navigation.

For the next version (2.5.1).The old-list styled layout is coming back as an option. You can choose between the new tiled syle or the old list style.

19. make the "user view" narrow

While i really LIKE the new home view of version 2.5 (using thumbnail blocks instead of plain text rows), the "user view" look even more strange in this update.

The user view shouldn't be large from the begining! Small icons (e.g. 100px * 100px) would be big enough for buttons like "PhotoStream", "collections", "sets", ...etc. Make more rooms for the rightest panel instead!

It looks especially wired on the iPad in horizontal orientation, in the "You" section (screen split into three columns, populated with 2x blue rectanges and a narrow list of thumbnails)

I really like FlickStackr for its snappy…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back the favorite star at the top

....this has been replaced by a social media button, so we now have to open in the browser to favorite a picture. This is not an improvement!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

FlickStackr Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base