FlickStackr Feature Requests

Do you have an idea to make FlickStackr better?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change default stack

Would be great to be able to change default stack to one that already exists. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is already possible. When you Modify the properties of a Stack, you can select to set is as default. Go to the Stacks, tap on the selection button (the one with 4 squares and 3 checkmarks), tap on the Stack you wish to set as default. From the bottom of the screen tap on Modify. In the Modify screen tap on “Set as Default”. This stack will be the default stack now.

2. Add ability to sort Flickr albums in Flickr

When you add a new picture to a Flickr album Flickr puts it at the bottom and does not apply the sorting that was set for the album. So every time I add a new photo I need to login to Flickr and select re-arrange newest to oldest which is very annoying. Can you add an option when this can be quickly done directly form the app?

Thanks

Pawel

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Album" instead of "Set"

"Sets" are now called "Albums" by Flickr.
    I think it is time for FlickStackr to follow.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Error

Hello, I no longer have access to my Flickr account. I get an error "Flickr: SSL is required"? What to do?
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add photo number/total photos in viewer

when we're exploring thousands of people's stream or search result, it'll be great if we could know current number of the photo we're viewing (e.g. 1207 of 6790) so that we can precisely continue the exploration later..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Number/total of photos appears in details view and full screen (when bars and menus are visible).
    -—-
    When in you are in details view or full screen view, the toolbar at the top shows current/total number of photos. Where else would you like to see this?

7. Add right hand jump point to Flickr following list

Not sure the correct name for this indexing, but in a long list of tags, there is an alphabet down the right hand side so you can jump into the list at a certain letter. The list of people I follow used to have this but now that it has sort options the index no longer shows. Scrolling through a very long list is tedious.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide main menu in landscape mode for more thumbnails

Like in portrait mode... Thanks. Mayer like in Apples Mail =)

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Viewing

When viewing an image in full screen could you make it possible to see who the image was by instead of having to click the top right corners button? It would make the process faster :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Saved searches

Function to be able to save searches?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ipad - limited view

When viewing new photos by contacts on the ipad, it appears that I can only view a limited number of photos in total. I have to switch to the desktop version to view all new contact photos.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you see in FlickStackr as recent from contacts is what you see in Flickr in Following>Photos From. Here you can choose between 1 and 5 photos from contact. Which are the same two options you have in FlickStackr Home>Settings>Options>Recent Activity>Max photos per contact. In this option there are more values available, however to view exactly the same as Flickr you should only select 1 or 5, the other values are only there in case your really want to see more, but we don’t recommend using them as retrieving more photos may take a really long time.

12. API Key

Your Flickr API key has expired....

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto upload of camera roll

It would be very useful to have auto upload of all images in camera roll, not just ones taken with the device. Please consider this for next update.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible in latest update (version 3.7)
    -
    Currently photos that are taken with your device or that were downloaded to your device (i.e save to photo library) are uploaded automatically. Photos that are taken with external cameras and added to the camera roll are not uploaded automatically but we will be adding this functionality in a future update.

14. Pass code for application access

Please add a feature to password protect from using in the iPad or iPhone application. Especially since there are in appropriate pictures for kids.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible, you can add a pass code to your accounts and only when entering the pass code you can have access to the photos.
    To pass code protect:
    1.Go to Home>Accounts
    2. Tap on Edit
    3. Tap on the blue arrow next to the account you wish to protect with a passcode.
    4. In the Modify Account pop up, set Passcode Protected to “ON”
    5. Enter a 4 digit passcode.
    Your account is now protected with a passcode. Whenever you try to view any of the photos in that account, you will be prompted for the passcode.
    If you wish to protect another account, follow the same steps again.

15. Offline stack - strange video dowload behaviour

I have noticed strange download behaviour when dealing with videos and offline list stacks. When refreshing an offline stack, videos appear to try and download multiple times in parallel, the progress bar jumping around erratically between what seems to be three different download progress states. I think it is genuinely downloading two to three copies of the videos concurrently!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been fixed in v3.7
    -
    We have reproduced this issue. From initial investigation doesn’t seem to be downloading the video multiple times it is just the report of the progress that is returning an incorrect value, which is making the progress bar to go back and then jump. We will do further investigation and fix it in the next update.

16. Google Drive EXIF Data

Thanks for the update to get EXIF data in detailed view of Google Drive photos. However I believe you did not get the right data for the "Capture Date" or what Google Drive/Picasa EXIF data shown as "Camera Date". The "Catpture Time" in the FlickStackr EXIF data is the "Modified Date" as shown in Google Drive/Picasa EXIF data. Also the Flash mode in EXIF data is always set to "yes" which is not correct. Last suggestion is to post the capture date rather than the upload date when viewing and sorting the files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cloud services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Latest v ruining photos!

Today - Dec. 20 - my uploaded photos are cropped wrong and ruined! If I custom crop a photo to a non standard size from the camera roll (I always do this) and upload from my iPhone I get some odd and wrong crop in Flickr!!!

My guess is that when you are seeing the photo on my phone you're getting the crop I did and are somehow getting the wrong size for the upload. (Maybe has something to do with new feature when uploading that you see my camera roll with cropped and not original sizes.)

This is a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please try the latest update where we fixed all the situations where we found this could happen.
    -——-

This happens when you rotate and crop the photo in the Photo app. If you only crop the photo , the uploaded photo looks cropped properly, and if you only rotate the photo it is also fine. We will be fixing this in the next update

18. Photo Resolution

When I upload photos to Flickr, if the photo is on camera roll the FlickStackr just recognize 2048px photo. A curious thing happen when I edit photo directly in camera roll. Afetar this, the edit photo can be recognized by Fickstackr as a full resolution. How can I solve this?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This happens when “Prefer iPhoto Edited images” is enabled and the photos that you are uploading are not edited in iPhoto.. This option should only be enabled if you are editing photos with iPhoto. When this option is enabled the app assumes that you are editing in iPhoto and is requesting to the Photo Library the photo that has all the changes not matter the resolution, and this is what the Photo Library returns back. When the option is off the app just requests the largest resolution available, (Photo edits in Photo app are contained in this largest resolution). Go to Home>Settings>Options>Upload Defaults and turn off “Prefer iPhoto Edited images”.

19. Put the Contact List back on the front page.

Used to have a simple list. Where did it go?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In v3.6 folders appear at top and sorting is possible.
    -
    For the next release this will be available for all the cloud services, currently the only one that appears in this order is Box

Is this for one of the cloud services? Which one

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

FlickStackr Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base