FlickStackr Feature Requests

Do you have an idea to make FlickStackr better?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. picasa

add Picasa/Google+ Albums, as you did with 500px. I'd buy it as in-app purchase. The App "Web Albums" does a good job but I'd love to have it in the neat FlickrStackr UI. Maybe this is the time to start an overall "PhotoStackr" ;)

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  New integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add support for ipernity.com

Since the unexpected "relaunch" of Flickr people talk a lot about ipernity.com as a viable alternative to The-Old-Flick-That-Is-No-More.

Sure it's a bit early to take the big step and leave Flickr, but one needs to evaluate all options. Since it is a huge effort to move years of photos FlickStackr would be a nice tool to have in hand if the time comes.

It would be great to hear from you if such implementation is under discussion or even possible with their API*.

Thanks

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  New integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have been working on the integration with ipernity. It will be available as an app “PhotoStackr for Ipernity” and also as an in-app purchase for our other apps like FlickStackr v3.4
    The app an in-app purchase are now in the review stage with Apple.
    -—————-
    We have reviewed their API, this is now in our plan. We will update the status when we have a better idea on when you can expect it.
    -
    We have no immediate plans on adding support to ipernity.com, but we will definitely take a look at their API and see what is possible.

3. Sort photostream

It would be great to be able to sort the pictures by date.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update 3.6 is now available where this is possible
    --
    We have started working on sorting for the next update. We are adding a button that will show the options to sort.
    -
    We are thinking in adding to the screens an option to search and sort (when you do a pull down). Not sure yet in which version this will be available, but we will update the status when we start working on it.

4. Hide main menu in landscape mode for more thumbnails

Like in portrait mode... Thanks. Mayer like in Apples Mail =)

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. API Key

Your Flickr API key has expired....

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sync stacks via iCloud

I have one iPhone and two iPads. Whenever I add an image to a stack on one device, the other devices don't get it. It would be nice if there was an option to sync them across devices.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Saving Stacks to iCloud is now available in version 2.5
    -
    We have been working on the iCloud functionality, we are planning to have it ready for 2.5
    -—-
    We are just starting investigation, we are planning to have this functionality for either 2.4 or 2.5.
    Initial thoughts on the implementation are:
    It will do a merge from your different devices, if there are stacks that have the same name in your devices , after the merge you will see both of them, (they would be stack and stack2) you can later rearrange photos in the stacks or delete stacks.

7. Create / Manage Guest Pass Links

Ability to Create new or Manage existing Flickr Guest Pass links from within the FlickStackr app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Instagram feed

Similar to what you did for 500px but add for instagram.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Flickr API has been update and allows this functionality. This will be available in version 3.0.
    -—————————————————————

The public Flickr API doesn’t allow this functionality, but we have found a private API. We don’t know yet if this private API can be used from apps, so we will be doing some investigation.

10. Dropbox integration

Browsing photos that are in Dropbox and uploading photos from Dropbox to Flickr

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Join groups from within FlickStackr

It would be nice if you were able to join (and leave?) groups from within FlickStackr, rather than have to go to the browser interface.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to clarify. When you are in a group you can tap in the discussions icon (bubble icon) which will bring the browser interface where you can select to join a group. This could be simplified so less taps are required to join a group, but it has to be with the browser interface because the Flickr API does not expose functionality for joining groups.

12. Add ability to sort Flickr albums in Flickr

When you add a new picture to a Flickr album Flickr puts it at the bottom and does not apply the sorting that was set for the album. So every time I add a new photo I need to login to Flickr and select re-arrange newest to oldest which is very annoying. Can you add an option when this can be quickly done directly form the app?

Thanks

Pawel

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Invite a photo to a group or multiple groups

I love the way we can comment by tapping on the icon at the bottom (comments) and then while viewing the comments...simply tapping the top "Add Comment" bar. Very easy!

I would like to see something similar to the groups icon at the bottom: Add a similar top bar that says "Invite to Group"....then popup a window of the user's groups that he/she administers or moderates for. From here you could invite the photo to a single group, multiple groups, or all groups.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In version 3.7 you can now invite a photo to one or several groups.
    1. When viewing a photo tap on the action menu, then tap on Invite to Group.
    2. A pop up appears with all the groups you administer. Here you can select one, several or al the groups.
    --
    Unfortunately there is no Flickr API to provide this functionality.
    We will keep this request open. If in the future Flickr introduces an API we could add the functionality to invite a photo to a group.

14. in "groups" need to display group of picture shown. This would alow finding interesting picture shown on ipad.

On home screen you display a thumbnail of the Groups section. I cannot find the picture because I do not know what group to find it in. An overlay would help in finding the picture in the group.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now available, (version 3.9) when you go to the group, the featured group appears at the top of the list.

We thought about this when we were woking on the tiled interface. There are 3 ways this could be solved:
    1. Tap and hold on the photo (when in home screen) and it will take you to that photo.
    2. When you tap on the groups to view them it will show at the top of the list “feature group”.
    3. An overlay that will appear and disappear
    Which option would be best?

15. When uploading photos, that it remembers your setting so they are not always public by default.

Adding a setting so you can specify if it should be by default public or private

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Instant upload like Google+, CameraSync mobile application

Add a feature like "Instant Upload" in Google+ mobile application: automatically upload photos from my mobile to my flickr's account with:
    - on/off this feature
    - when config. for photo and for video
    - wifi and 3G
    - wifi only
    - dedicated default privacy permissions

This instant or automatic upload should also be available to upload automatically to other services like Dropbox.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Auto upload is available for all services in v3.6
    --
    The first time it will do an automatic upload of all the pictures in your camera roll. For this to work you must always upload with FlickStackr/PhotoStackr so we can keep track on which photos have been uploaded.

17. Continuous uploading in background without user re-prompting

While uploading a large number of photos, app will stop uploading in the background unless I address frequent user prompts to continue. If I miss this prompt, uploading stops and I must restart upload again. This is especially challenging when I have a slow connection ( ie travelling South America). Please allow for continuous uploading in background without requiring prompts. Great app btw. Thanks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  User experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In version 3.6 the uploads can be left in background
    -
    For ios7 we are releasing an update where we have improved the upload/download so it can be left in the background without prompting, but with the disadvantage that downloads may take longer when left in the background.
    This is how this will work in the next update:
    When you leave the app running in the background uploading or downloading photos, it will upload/download for 3 minutes, after the 3 minutes have elapsed, it will slow down and the uploads/downloads will continue but will take longer. You can leave the app running in the background as long as needed, it will continue to upload/download without prompting. If at any time you go into the app and leave it again, you will have another 3 minutes where it will be faster downloading/uploading and then it will slow down again.
    For future…

18. Option to search for photos of People (as per new(ish) Flickr option)

Option to search for people in a photo as tagged via flickrs person tag on photos

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flickr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sharing picture and tags when sharing to Tumblr

When sharing a photo to Tumblr, the tags on that picture were shared as well!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tumblr  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)